What are the steps to make Jollof Rice?
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence, cayenne pepper, and 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix thoroughly. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken begins to stick to the bottom.
- Pour in the water, stir to combine, cover, and cook for 15 minutes on a low heat.
- Remove the pot from the heat, gas cooker or stove.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain the cooking liquid. 1 1/2 cup liquid should be set aside.
Solids should be discarded.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees C).
NB: You do not have a temperature scale or oven, don’t worry, just ensure your chicken have heated long enough to be soft before bringing it down off the heat.
- Cook for 30 minutes in a preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the juices flow clear.
- The temperature should read 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer put into the thickest section (74 degrees C).
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, heated
- Cook 1/2 onion in oil in a large pot over medium-low heat until tender and transparent but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the tomato sauce has slightly thickened and soaked into the oil, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a large pot, combine the saved chicken broth, coconut milk, 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a low boil, then add the rice.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is practically tender.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is soft and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 1/2 cup canola oil over medium heat.
- Add the plantains and fry until golden and crispy on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Using paper towels, absorb any excess liquid.
Nigerian jollof rice can’t be tasty enough if you do eat it with other food supplements that blend with it.
To make jollof rice, replace the coconut milk with plain water and garnish with friend plantain.
This is a less calorie-dense version of jollof rice.
You may likewise cook the chicken by grilling it or frying it in oil until it is crispy.
What’s the secret to great Jollof Rice
Before adding tomatoes, spices, herbs, ginger, garlic, scotch bonnet, white cabbage, and stock, slowly caramelize the onions in coconut oil.”
“The secret to great Jollof rice with chicken is in how much love and attention you give the sauce,”
What is Jollof rice Seasonings?
The jollof rice seasonings consists of rice, tomatoes and tomato paste, onions, salt, spices (such as nutmeg, ginger, Scotch bonnet (pepper), and cumin) and chili peppers;
Other jollof rice ingredients can be added such as vegetables, meats, or fish, chicken or fried plaintains
Conclusion- How to Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice with Chicken and Fried Plaintain
This recipe’s nutritional information includes the entire amount of onion, garlic, and seasonings.
The amount consumed will differ.
We calculated the nutritional value of frying oil using a 10 percent retention value after cooking.
The amount will vary according on the cooking time and temperature, the density of the ingredients, and the type of oil used.
That’s everything there is to Nigerian Jollof Rice, complete with recipes and preparation instructions.