Wondering why your copy and paste is not working on your keyboard and how to enable copy and paste in windows 10/11. This post is just meant to help solve the problem.
Once in a while, each operation doesn’t work as expected, and it makes disappointing.
Many people know about this particular problem, however they don’t have the foggiest idea how to fix them on the off chance that they stopped working.
Everybody knows the ways how to copy and paste content on Windows 10/11, and it is extremely simple to carry out.
This article will get familiar with the straightforward and how to Fix Copy and Paste Not Working on Windows 10/11
Before additional conversation, we will talk about the significant explanations behind Copy Paste not working in Windows 10 and 11
Reasons for Copy Paste Not Working in Windows 10/11
There are many reasons the copy and paste keyboard shortcut doesn’t work in Windows 10/11
A few of these issues are addressed with basic techniques, and some are temporary issues like software interference, device drivers, a corrupted system file, viruses and malware issues, Keyboard issues, etc.
Let us examine the basic answers for these issues in this article as we attempt to fix copy and paste windows 10 and 11
PS: Ctrl+C is used to copy the content.
Ctrl+V is used to paste the content.
Ctrl+Shift+V is used to paste content without formatting.
1. Restart the App You’re Currently Working In
In the event that you can’t copy and paste while using a particular application, close and restart the application and check if this fixed the issue.
Likewise, check if the app has any updates accessible since a product bug might be keeping the copy and paste shortcut from working.
You can refresh the application through the app’s settings menu or the Microsoft Store assuming it’s on there.
Then your copy paste not working windows 10 problems gets fixed.
2. Attempt Copy-Pasting With the Mouse Instead of the Keyboard
Normally, we press Ctrl + to copy and C and Ctrl + V to paste since it’s quicker and easier.
Assuming you solely use the keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste, try using the mouse instead and see If it works.
On the off chance that the copy-paste keyboard shortcut and the mouse works, then be rest assured that the copy-paste keyboard shortcut do not work but it is still working on your computer.
If this happened, check out our next step in How to Fix Copy and Paste Not Working in windows 10/11?
3. Restart Windows Explorer
Copy paste not working windows 10, you can try restarting Windows Explorer, save your work in progress as it will close any open apps and windows. Then, follow these steps:
- Right-click Start > Task Manager.
- In the Processes tab, find Windows Explorer.
- Right-click it and select Restart.
- Check if copy-paste is now working.
- Task Manager in Windows 10
Follow the above steps and fix copy and paste stopped working windows 10
4. Reset the Remote Desktop Clipboard Process
If your windows 10 remote desktop copy paste not working, You can restart the Remote desktop clipboard process using File Explorer. Here is how you can do it:
- Open File Explorer.
- Head to This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Windows > System 32.
- Right-click rpdclip.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Locate dwm.exe and run it with administrator rights as well.
- Restart your computer.
5. Turn Off Any RAM Optimization Apps
When you copy an image or some text, your system uses the Random Access Memory (RAM) to save it temporarily.
Unfortunately, while file cleaning or RAM optimization apps try to save space and make your computer faster, they might also remove all your clipboard data.
As such, this wipes all the data you’re trying to paste, making the feature unusable.
To fix it, you can force quit the app or configure its settings so it doesn’t include the computer’s clipboard in the optimization process.
6. Troubleshoot Your Keyboard
You can use different ways to copy and paste content on Windows 10. Use the Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V keyboard to copy and paste the content. Sometimes, the issue may occur due to keyboard problems.
Then, you can use the below instruction to fix copy paste not working in windows
- Firstly, click on the Settings, and then Update & Security >> Troubleshoot.
- Then, tap on the Keyboard in the Find and fix other problems section.
- Now, hit the troubleshooter button to proceed.
- Finally, wait for the troubleshooter to scan your laptop or computer for potential issues with your Keyboard.
7. Update your device drivers
You can apply this approach in two ways, such as manually or automatically. Both methods are safe, but we will prefer the way automatically. Also, you can choose as per requirement.
You need to visit on hardware manufacturer’s website to update the device drivers. If you choose this approach, you can face some problems and issues. It is more complicated. We will suggest choosing the technique automatically.
It is easy to implement and safe to use. Moreover, follow the below instruction to update your drivers automatically.
- Firstly, download and install the driver easily.
- Then, run driver easy and tap on Scan Now. It scans and detects any problem drivers.
- Now, click on the update the drivers automatically. After download, it will be automatically downloaded.
- Then, restart your device and check copy-paste now works properly.
8. Fix the Windows 10/11 Clipboard
Each time you copy a text or a picture, Windows 10/11 saves it on a virtual clipboard. At the point when you copy it, you copy it from the clipboard.
Nonetheless, assuming the clipboard quits working accurately, you can’t copy and paste any longer. Luckily, fixing this issue is a quite simple to do.
How to fix copy and paste not working on windows 10/11
Step by step approach- How to Fix the Windows 10 Clipboard Using the Command Prompt
In Windows 10, you can use the windows Command Prompt to erase the Windows clipboard cache.
Simply Open Command Prompt with admin privileges, type echo off | clip, and press Enter.
9. How to Fix the Windows 10 Clipboard Using the Registry Editor method
You can likewise fix the clipboard through Registry Editor. This is the way you can make it happen:
In the Start menu search bar, look for regedit and select Run as administrator.
- Make a beeline for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Clipboard.
- Set Value data to 1 and Base to Hexadecimal.
- Click OK to save the new changes.
- Restart your PC and test if you can now copy and paste.
10. How to Fix the Windows 10 command Clipboard Using Group Policy
You can likewise fix Windows 10 command clipboard using the Group Policy.
On the off chance that you are not certain using Group Policy, you ought to make a System Restore Point for your system assuming something turns out wrong
Follow these means to design Windows clipboard settings:
- In the Start menu search bar, search for gpedit.msc and select the Best match.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components
- Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Devices and Resources Redirection.
- Locate Do not allow Clipboard redirection.
- Check if Not Configured or Disabled is selected.
Summary- How to Fix Copy and Paste Not Working on Windows 10/11
Having gone through this entire article, we do hope this information meets you well and help fix copy and paste problems on both windows 10 and 11 correctly on your PC.
Feel free to use the comment box to air out your views.