How to delete Snapchat account
Snapchat is the only messaging service that embodies the phrase “seize the day.” Temporary nature is a characteristic of the application. Some seconds after the recipient views a message, image, or video, it will be deleted permanently. Snapchat has made it as simple as sending a message that vanishes in a moment to deactivate Snapchat and delete your whole account permanently.
Are you willing to close your Snapchat account? It is time to acknowledge that it is no longer the social media behemoth that it once was, and you may wish to abandon it. Regardless of your reason for leaving, we are here to assist you throughout the process.
How to delete your Snapchat account
- Navigate to the Snapchat Accounts Portal page using any web browser (you cannot delete your account from the Android app).
- Enter your username and password.
- Select Log in.
- Click on Delete My Account.
- Enter your username and password once again.
- Select Continue, all the way at the bottom.
How to delete your account on iOS
Android users are unable to delete their Snapchat accounts, whereas iOS users can do so. Here is the procedure.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top-left corner.
- Hit the gear icon.
- Scroll down to Account Actions.
- Select Delete Account.
- You will be redirected to the Accounts Portal.
- Follow the instructions in the previous section to finish the process.
Snapchat will retain your data for 30 days in the event that you decide to return. Log back in to reactivate your account, if necessary. If you do not activate the account within the specified time, it will be deleted. Snapchat states that it retains certain data for “legal, security, and business purposes.” This may include, for example, purchasing information.
How to restore your Snapchat account
- Open the Snapchat app and log in using the same credentials before 30 days. Keep in mind you won’t be able to use your email after you delete your account. You’ll need to sign in using your username, instead.
- You’ll be asked if you want to reactivate your Snapchat account. Tap Yes.
- Give the app some time. Servers will need a few minutes to bring your account back.
- Log in. You’re done!
Here you have it, gentlemen! You are now liberated from Snapchat and prepared to begin a new life. Or you can restart it when you experience withdrawal symptoms! If you revisit Snapchat, remember to follow the Android Authority account.
Am confident that after reading this article, you now know how to delete your Snapchat account. If you have any questions, please leave them in the box below, and we will respond as soon as possible.