How to Delete a Facebook Page
Undoubtedly, a Facebook profile is one of the most effective ways to engage with your friends or clients. However, if you believe that your page no longer serves its intended purpose, you may decide to delete it.
Facebook’s page deletion process is basic. However, it is essential to note that you can only delete a page if you are the page’s administrator.
A Facebook admin is either the page’s creator or another user who has been assigned the role by the creator. This post explains how to delete your page in a few easy steps. Let’s get started!
How to Delete a Page on Facebook You Created
There are a variety of Facebook page types, including business pages, company pages, and community pages.
If you own any of these pages, you can delete them by following the steps below:
- Log into your account by visiting https://www.facebook.com/
- From your homepage, which is also your News Feed, navigate to the page section by clicking on “Pages” in the left menu.
- This will launch a list of all the pages managed by you. Click on the name of the page that you’d like to delete.
- In the left menu, scroll down and select “Settings.”
- In the left navigational pane, “General” is selected by default. Scroll down the General page settings (right side) and click on “Remove Page” on the left or “Edit” on the right.
- Click on “Permanently delete [page name].” Don’t worry, it doesn’t remove it yet.
- A confirmation window appears. Select “Delete” to confirm removing the Facebook Page. This is where it does delete the page!
If you own a Facebook page but you no longer use it, the deletion process is the same as an active Facebook Page.
How to Delete a Group Page on Facebook
The procedure for deleting a Facebook group is somewhat more involved than deleting a page.
- Log into your account at https://www.facebook.com/
- From your News Feed, click on “Groups” in the left menu. This will open a list of all groups managed by you. Alternately, you can simply search the name of the group via the “Search Facebook” box in the top left corner.
- Click on the “Members” tab.
- Click on the three small dots next to each member’s name.
- In the small box that pops up, click on “Remove member.” Repeat this for all members.
- Once you’ve removed everyone from the group, it’s time for you to leave the group as well. Click on the three small dots next to your name and choose “Leave group.”
- Click on “Leave and delete” to finally delete the group.
Members are not notified when a Facebook group is deleted, which is an advantage. However, you must be an administrator to successfully delete a group. If you are not the primary owner of the group, you must obtain permission from the owner before moving.
How to Delete a Liked Page on Facebook
If you are no longer interested in a particular Facebook page, you can technically “delete” it and stop receiving updates and viewing posts associated with it. Here is the procedure.
- From your News Feed, click on “Pages” in the left menu. This will launch a list of all the pages you own, as well as the pages you currently like.
- On the “Liked Pages” list, select the name of the Page you’d like to delete.
- Once the page has opened, toggle the “Liked” box once to unlike the page. The box will turn from blue to black, indicating that you no longer like the page.
To re-like the page, search for it by name and click “Like” in the upper left corner.