Items That Sell More on Facebook Marketplace: Discover The Five Things That Sell Best on Marketplace – Looking to make a little cash on Facebook? The popular social media platform has its own built-in marketplace that makes it easy to sell goods online. However, not everything will fly off the virtual shelves. So, what are the things that sell best on Facebook Marketplace?
How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace
Selling on Facebook Marketplace may seem daunting, but it’s actually quite simple. All you need is a Facebook account. Here’s how:
- Go to your News Feed.
- Click on Marketplace.
- Click Create New Listing.
- Select Item for Sale.
- Add photos, information about the item, and the price.
- Click Publish.
That’s it! If you want to maximize your sales, though, keep reading.
The Five Things That Sell Best on Facebook Marketplace
- Children’s Clothes, Toys, and Furniture: Historically, items for kids perform well on the Facebook Marketplace. If you have gently used or even new items that your child has outgrown, consider listing them here. You can also sell your handmade children’s items, such as crocheted animals or handmade toys.
- Gently Used Electronics in Good Condition: From video game consoles to laptops, electronic devices can fetch a decent price on Facebook Marketplace. If you have electronics that are still in good working order but that you no longer need or want, consider selling them here instead of simply recycling them.
- Furniture: Furniture is another popular category on the Facebook Marketplace. Consider refinishing or painting an old piece of furniture to increase its resale value. If you’re a small business that makes handmade furniture, Facebook Marketplace is a great place to showcase your products.
- Handmade Items: People love supporting small, handmade businesses. If you make jewelry, candles, knit accessories, or any other handmade product, try selling them on the Facebook Marketplace (or in a relevant group).
- Anything Not Worth Shipping: Local sales are a great option for bulky items or low-value items that would be costly to ship. Think sofas, bookshelves, or collections of DVDs. If you have a strong local network, consider using Facebook Marketplace to reach buyers in your area.
Additional Tips for Successful Sales
To have the best success on the Facebook Marketplace, follow these tips:
- Take good quality photos that accurately show the details of your item.
- Write a detailed but honest description that highlights the best features of your item.
- Set a reasonable price that reflects the market value of your item.
- Respond quickly to inquiries and be professional in all your communications.
Selling on the Facebook Marketplace is easy and potentially lucrative, especially if you are strategic about what you list for sale.
- Can I sell internationally on Facebook Marketplace? Yes, you can sell to buyers worldwide on Facebook Marketplace.
- Are all items allowed on Facebook Marketplace? No, there are certain items that are prohibited from being sold on Facebook Marketplace. These include firearms, tobacco products, and illegal items.
- Are there any fees associated with selling on Facebook Marketplace? Facebook Marketplace does not charge any fees for buying or selling items, but keep in mind that you may be responsible for shipping costs or payment processing fees depending on your chosen method of payment.