There are many dating websites out there, and they are all competing to gain members’ trust. Testing multiple dating websites concurrently has different effects on different people. However, removing your profile information from the dating site’s database is preferable if you want to cancel your membership with Match. As a result, we will explain how to delete your Match account in this guide.
Match makes removing a Match profile from the website easier without getting in touch with a customer service agent via live chat or a contact form.
On all platforms, Match offers account deactivation. This suggests that you can delete your Match account by logging into your account on Match.com as well as by using the Match app on your phone to delete or remote your account.
As a result, for the purposes of this guide, we’ll cover both closing or remote accessing your Match account on the Match app for Android and iPhone as well as deleting a Match account via Match.com settings on a computer (web browser).
However, you must first cancel your membership subscription in order for Match.com to remove your profile from the site.
How to Cancel Match Subscription
You want to cancel Match.com’s auto-renewal subscription in order to save every penny. Start by following the instructions below to cancel Match’s auto-renewal charges.
- Go to Match.com and sign in to your account.
- Click on the Settings gear icon somewhere in the profile menu.
- Tap on “Manage your Subscription.”
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
- Follow the instruction on the screen and put an end to Match.com autorenewal.
You wish to promptly cancel your subscription. Since this cannot be finished in 24 hours. Therefore, you must request to cancel your Match membership or subscription at least 48 hours before to your next due date in order to avoid being charged for the following month. Additionally, because you will now be in a later month, getting a refund may be difficult.
Call Match customer service at 020 305 96 494 between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm, Monday through Saturday, to quickly cancel your subscription. Keep in mind that while the fee from a mobile phone varies from telecom to telecom, calling from a BT landline will cost you 10p per minute.
Now that your Match account has been deleted, you may do so. But what if you decide to return and activate your Match account once more? Suspend your Match account after that.
How to Suspend Match Account
If you intend to return to Match after a holiday or vacation, it is preferable to suspend your account so that you can reactivate it rather than deleting it and then creating a new account.
And this is how you can revoke your Match account access.
- First, you want to log into your Match account.
- Tap on your Match profile picture at the top right.
- Tap on “My Account Settings.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings page and tap on “To suspend or delete your account, click here.”
- Now, click on “Suspend Account.”
Don’t rush to suspend your Match account without also stopping the auto-renewal of your Match subscription. Because you suspended your account, the dating website Match did not automatically cancel your subscription. So, before you suspend your account, you must cancel your subscription.
How to Delete Match Account Profile for UK Members
Through settings, Match.com provides a simple process for removing a membership account from the dating service. Therefore, in this section, we’ll talk about how to delete your Match account.
- Log in to your account on the Match.com dating site.
- Tap on your profile or display the picture at the top right.
- Click on “My Account Settings” on the drop menu from the settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on “To suspend or delete your account, click here.”
- Move to the bottom of the page as ell and click on “To delete your account and permanently remove your profile from the site, click here.”
- Now, click on “Delete Account.”
- Your Match account may be permanently deleted if you follow the instructions on the screen after being asked to confirm your account deletion by providing your Match account password.
The procedure is ineffective. Once your Match account has been permanently deleted, it cannot be restored. Therefore, it is best to suspend your account and then reactivate it when you decide it is time to return to the Match dating site. However, don’t forget to cancel your Match autorenewal subscription before you suspend your account if you intend to use the service in the future.
How to Delete Match Account on App
You cannot, however, delete your match account via the app. Cancelling and suspending your Match account is the best thing you can do on the Match app. On the other hand, you may only permanently delete your account on the official Match website.