What to Know
- Sign in at the Uber Eats website and select your account name.
- Next, choose Help > Account and Payment Options > Delete my Uber Eats account.
- Confirm your password, give a reason for the deletion, and select Delete account.
This article explains how to delete your Uber Eats account using a web browser. You can’t delete your account using the Uber Eats app on your smartphone.
How to Delete Uber Eats Account
The procedure to deactivate your Uber Eats account is simple and only needs a few minutes, regardless of whether you’ve chosen to cook more meals at home or have switched to an alternative to Uber Eats.
The Uber Eats mobile apps cannot be used to close an account, despite the fact that the majority of users use them to place orders. You must access the Uber Eats website using a web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Brave in order to delete an Uber Eats account.
Open your preferred web browser on your computer, smartphone, or tablet and go to the official Uber Eats website.
Select Sign In.
Enter the email address or mobile number associated with your Uber Eats account and select Next.
Type your password and select Next again.
Within a minute or so, if your account has 2FA enabled, a text message containing a four-digit code will be sent to your phone. When you have this code, enter it into the website’s field and click “Verify.” Your account on the website for Uber Eats should now be logged in.
Select your account name in the top-right corner.
Select the Account and Payment Options heading.
Select Delete my Uber Eats account.
A new browser tab will open and you’ll be asked to enter your password again. Type it into the field and select Next.
You will be shown all of your connected Uber services that are linked to your account. When you’re ready, click Continue.
Choose a reason for your account deletion.
Select Delete account to confirm the deletion process.
A small confirmation message will appear on screen to let you know that your request has been processed. You will now be logged out of your Uber account on the web and on all of your apps. Your account will be deleted within 30 days.
What Happens When I Delete My Uber Eats Account?
Your account will be deactivated and you will be logged out as soon as you submit your request to delete your Uber Eats account. However, it will be another 30 days before your data is removed, during which time you can reactivate your account if you change your mind.
After the 30-day period is up, the majority of your account data will be removed from Uber’s servers, but the company will keep some unspecified data about how you used your account.
The information about your Uber trips or Uber Eats deliveries will remain on Uber’s servers even if you delete your account. One explanation for this is that the drivers require this information as evidence of their own actions.
How to Reactivate Your Uber Eats Account
Within 30 days of the time you started the deactivation process, you can reactivate your Uber Eats account if you decide against closing it.
This can be accomplished by simply logging in on the Uber Eats website or mobile app. There is nothing more to do after logging in.
How to Contact Uber Eats
If you need assistance with your Uber Eats account or an order, there are four main ways to contact Uber support.
- Uber Eats app: This is the best way to get support on specific order deliveries. Usually after an order has been delivered, the app will show you an option to give feedback or file a complaint.
- Uber Support on Twitter: The official Uber Support Twitter account is one of the fastest ways to get a response. Simply @ mention the account in a tweet or send them a DM.
- Uber Eats customer care phone number: You can call Uber Eats on (800) 253-6882 to speak to a person but wait times may be long and you’ll likely get a faster response on Twitter or via the in-app support form.
- Uber Eats email support: You can email Uber Eats via [email protected] but getting a response may take a day or two and you may not get a reply at all. The above contact methods are well worth trying before sending an email.