How to Delete a WhatsApp Account
Do you question why you ever enjoyed WhatsApp in the first place? Are you considering replacing it with one of the suggested alternatives? If so, you are free to delete your account. Remember that this will destroy your WhatsApp chat history and remove you from any WhatsApp groups you belong to, so consider carefully!
To delete your WhatsApp account:
- Turn on your mobile phone and open WhatsApp.
- Tap the “Other Options” menu (the three white dots), and then tap Settings.
- Tap the Account category, and then tap the Delete My Account function.
- Select your country, enter your phone number, and then tap Delete My Account one more time.
Detailed instructions for how to cancel your WhatsApp account
- Turn on your mobile phone and tap WhatsApp to open it.
- Tap the three white dots in the top-right corner, and select Settings from the menu that appears.
- From your settings menu, select the Account category.
- Tap Delete My Account.
- You will be informed of what will occur if you delete your WhatsApp account and prompted to change the phone number associated with your account instead.If you are certain that you still want to deactivate your WhatsApp account, you will be required to confirm a few things. Tap the highlighted box at the top and select your country of residence to set your country code. Then, press the “Phone Number” box and enter the phone number connected with your phone using the (virtual) phone keyboard. Finally, select Delete Account.
Done! Your WhatsApp account has been deleted! We’re sorry to hear that our relationship didn’t work out, but we hope you’ll be able to find a comparable service that meets your needs better!